Midori Uchi, meaning “Green Home” in Japanese, is deemed the greenest residential construction by achieving LEED Platinum and Built Green Standards awards.
We were thrilled to contribute and collaborate on this one of a kind home by Naikoon Contracting. Our team provided a full scope of landscape services to this project including: design, management and construction. It is a project to be proud of and was an inspiration to work with like minded and truly dedicated professionals.
For more information on the project please visit Naikoon’s website: http://www.naikooncontracting.com/midori-uchi/
- Synthetic lawn was used in place of traditional grass requiring no water and no maintenance.
- Drought resistant plants throughout the gardens will require minimal water and low maintenance.
- Rain sensor irrigation and high efficient LED lighting systems are luxuries without the environmental impact.
- Locally sourced Basalt was used for the patio and retaining walls.
- Driveway – Permeable Pavers are designed to reduce storm water runoff and decrease flooding.
Photography by Ema Peter: http://www.emapeter.com/