We are an established independent company whose passion is creating and maintaining beautiful outdoor spaces while using eco-friendly methods. We are a well renowned company in search of a highly knowledgeable and experienced landscape maintenance foreperson to join our team.
The successful candidate will work within our landscape maintenance division on mid to high-end residential, strata and commercial properties. Our client base is spread throughout the Lower Mainland and this position is year round, with an opportunity to do snow removal in the winter.
Landscape Maintenance Foreperson
The successful applicant:
- someone who loves the outdoors, through sun, rain, cold and more.
- enjoys working with their hands and working on their feet.
- has a keen eye for detail and take pride in a job well done.
- is reliable and values integrity and diligence.
- can work independently and collaborate well as part of a team.
- is comfortable speaking with clientele on a regular basis.
- knows what it takes to be a professional landscaper.
In this role you will be working across Vancouver and Neighbouring Cities.
- 3-5 years experience as a crew lead or supervisor.
- Previous work experience in horticulture, gardening or landscaping
- Previous management experience in a landscaping setting
- Experience safely operating maintenance power tools and other equipment
- A driver’s license with clean abstract, and comfortable driving trucks and trailers
It would be considered a great asset should you have certification as a horticulturist, or within the landscaping industry
General duties include:
- Managing a small crew completing landscape maintenance on mid to high-end residential, strata and commercial properties.
- Lawn and garden maintenance
- Pruning and trimming
- Installing soils, plantings, and mulch
- Using power tools and maintenance equipment
- Clean-up and disposal
- Maintaining and driving a company vehicle
You will work under the lead of the Maintenance Manager and may be required to work independently or as part of a small crew. You will be responsible for the tools and machinery that you work with.
For this role it is expected that you will have your own basic hand tools and PPE. Some PPE items will be provided to you. Please contact for more details if you have questions regarding this requirement.
We offer the opportunity for further certification within the field, and growth within the company.————————————————————————————-
Salary & Benefits
Hourly wage of $20-$25 based on experience, with a performance review after 3 months. Extensive healthcare and dental benefits provided after 3 months.
Being part of a great crew, supportive working conditions, and lots of opportunity for growth.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Employee assistance programs
Company Site: www.swicks.net
SERIOUS APPLICANTS ONLY
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Landscape Maintenance experience do you have?
- How many years of Supervisory experience do you have?
- Do you have a driver’s licence?