We are an established independent company whose passion is creating and maintaining beautiful outdoor spaces while using eco-friendly methods. We are a well renowned company in search of a highly knowledgeable and experienced landscape installation foreperson to join our team.
The successful candidate will work within our landscape construction division on mid to high-end residential, strata and commercial properties. Our client base is spread throughout the Lower Mainland and this position is year round, with an opportunity to do snow removal in the winter.
Landscape Installation Foreperson
The successful applicant:
- someone who loves the outdoors, through sun, rain, cold and more.
- enjoys working with their hands and working on their feet.
- has a keen eye for detail and take pride in a job well done.
- is reliable and values integrity and diligence.
- can work independently and collaborate well as part of a team.
- is comfortable speaking with clientele on a regular basis.
- knows what it takes to be a professional landscaper.
In this role you will be working across Vancouver and Neighbouring Cities.
- 2+ years previous work experience in landscaping or construction as a foreperson.
- A driver’s license with clean abstract, and comfortable driving trucks and trailers.
- Experience safely operating and maintaining power tools and other equipment.
- Ability to read drawings/blueprints.
- Relevant skilled trade experience (carpentry, stone masonry, etc.).
- Certification within the landscape construction industry.
General duties include:
- Performing highly physical work on a consistent basis.
- Driving company trucks and trailers on daily basis.
- Reading site drawings.
- Construction and installation of landscape projects.
- Site prep and clean-up.
- Maintaining a safe and clean job site.
- Communicating with clients.
- Managing a small crew of landscape installers.
You will work under the lead of the Project Manager and may be required to work independently or as part of a small crew. You will be responsible for the tools and machinery that you work with.
For this role it is expected that you will have your own basic hand tools and PPE. Some PPE items will be provided to you. Please contact for more details if you have questions regarding this requirement.
Salary & Benefits
Hourly wage of $25-$30 based on experience, with a performance review after 3 months. Extensive healthcare and dental benefits provided after 3 months.
Being part of a great crew, supportive working conditions, and lots of opportunity for growth.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Company events & social hours
- Employee assistance programs
Company Site: www.swicks.net
SERIOUS APPLICANTS ONLY
Other companies may call this position general labour, landscaper, foreman, supervisor, carpenter or construction. Successful candidates may have backgrounds in these positions.