Swick’s Organic Landscaping Ltd. is an award-winning full-service landscaping company with a passion for creating and maintaining beautiful outdoor spaces. We are looking for a qualified Project Estimator to work closely with our construction management team. Our client base is composed of high-end residential properties spread throughout the Lower Mainland. This position is year-round with flexible workweek possibilities.
You are a self-starter and the type of leader that others want to follow! You love the outdoors through all seasons. You enjoy being a part of the landscape industry, have a keen eye for detail and take pride in a job well done. You are honest, hardworking and highly organized. You value integrity and diligence, and you know what it takes to be a landscape professional.
To be considered for this position you must have:
- Extensive experience in all aspects of landscaping with a strong understanding of industry trends, best practices, logistics and safety regulations.
- Sales and estimating experience.
- Effective communication skills, professional and personable, with a drive to provide positive and unique experiences.
- A strong sense of organization, and ability to read and interpret plans, specification documents, and other associated documents provided by architects, designers and contractors.
- Experience and comfort using basic computer technology; Stack or equivalent take off software, Microsoft Office, TSheets
- A driver’s license with clean abstract
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, drawings, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies and computes costs by analyzing labor, materials, time requirements and other required details by studying proposals, drawings, and related documents.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains cost database by entering and backing up data.
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Salary & Benefits
Salary will be based on skill level, with a performance review after 3 months. Extensive healthcare and dental benefits provided after 3 months.
Being part of a great team, supportive working conditions, and lots of opportunity for growth and further certification.
Please email your cover letter and resume, be prepared to provide work references upon request.