We are an established independent company with a passion for creating and maintaining beautiful outdoor spaces while using eco-friendly methods. We are looking for a dynamic Maintenance Manager to work with our landscape maintenance teams, and with our clients. Our client base is composed of mid to high-end residential, strata and commercial client properties, and spread throughout the Lower Mainland. This position is year-round, with an opportunity to do snow removal in the winter.
You are a self-starter and the type of leader that others want to follow! You love the outdoors, through all seasons. You enjoy being a part of the landscape industry, have a keen eye for detail and take pride in a job well done. You are honest, hardworking and physically fit. You value integrity and diligence, and you know what it takes to be a professional landscaper.
To be considered for this position you must have:
- Extensive experience in the horticulture and landscape maintenance industry, with a strong understanding of industry trends, best practices, and safety regulations
- Effective communication skills; this is a client facing position so you must be professional and personable, with a drive to provide a positive and unique experience.
- Considerable plant knowledge, with the ability to identify plants and understand growing conditions
- A strong sense of organization, with proven experience managing and scheduling multiple teams of employees
- Experience and comfort using basic computer technology (Microsoft Office, and time sheet software)
- A solid understanding of how to safely operate and maintain maintenance power tools and other equipment
- A driver’s license with clean abstract, and comfort driving trucks and trailers
It would be considered a great asset if you have:
- Certification within the landscaping industry, or as a horticulturist
- Sales and estimating experience
As our Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for organizing, developing and motivating a high-performing team to ensure the service we provide to our clients is of the highest quality.
You will be responsible for organizing, scheduling, and estimating our maintenance contracts. Communicating with our clients to ensure we are meeting their ongoing and sometimes changing needs.
You will investigate and report any deficiencies and required upgrades that are present on site back to the office, crew leaders, and clients.
You will be required to provide your own transportation to our shop location, in Richmond, to meet with your crews and pick up the company vehicle each morning.
Salary & Benefits
Salary will be based on skill level, with a performance review after 3 months. Extensive healthcare and dental benefits provided after 3 months.
Being part of a great team, supportive working conditions, and lots of opportunity for growth and further certification.
Please email your cover letter and resume, and be prepared to provide work references upon request.