We are an established independent company whose passion is creating and maintaining beautiful outdoor spaces while using eco-friendly methods. We’re looking for new team members to work within our landscape construction division on mid to high-end residential, strata and commercial properties. Our client base is spread throughout the Lower Mainland and this position is year-round, with an opportunity to do snow removal in the winter.
You are someone who loves the outdoors, through sun, rain, cold and more. You enjoy working with your hands and on your feet, and love seeing projects come together from start to completion. You have a keen eye for detail and take pride in a job well done.
In this role, you will be working across Vancouver and Neighbouring Cities.
It would be considered an asset should you have:
- Previous work experience in landscaping or construction
- Experience safely operating and maintaining power tools and other equipment
- Relevant skilled trade experience (carpentry, stone masonry, etc.)
- Certification within the landscape construction industry
- A driver’s license with clean abstract, and comfort driving trucks and trailers
General duties include:
- Working closely with the team lead through the installation of landscape projects
- Site prep and clean-up
- Installation of hardscape systems, including paving stones, flagstone, boulders, walkways, driveways, decks, fences, trellis, gazebo, ponds, and water features
- Installation of retaining wall systems, including Allan block, dry-stack basalt, Pisa and pressure treated wood
- Installation of utility and drainage applications
- Installation of softscape systems including soil, mulch, plant material and laying sod.
- Moving and transporting of building materials using hands, shovels, wheelbarrows, carts, machines, etc.
- Operating various tools and equipment, including cut-off saws, shovels, jackhammers, heavy equipment, drills, etc.
- Performing highly physical work on a consistent basis
- Ensure attention to detail when receiving and following instruction
- Maintaining a safe and clean job site
You will work with the Installation Lead Hand and may be required to work independently or as part of a small crew. You will be responsible for the tools and machinery that you work with.
For this role it is expected that you will have your own basic hand tools and PPE. Some PPE items will be provided to you. Please contact for more details if you have questions regarding this requirement.
We offer the opportunity for further certification within the field, and growth within the division.
Salary & Benefits
Hourly wage will be based on skill level, with a performance review after 3 months. Extensive healthcare and dental benefits provided after 3 months.
Being part of a great crew, supportive working conditions, and lots of opportunity for growth.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance programs
Company Site: www.swicks.net
SERIOUS APPLICANTS ONLY
Other companies may call this position general labour, landscaper, carpenter or construction installation. Successful candidates may have a background in these positions.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00 to $26.00 /hour